Joe Pool Lake
Joe Pool Lake is a fresh water impoundment located in the southern part of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex in North Texas. The lake encompasses parts of Tarrant, Dallas and Ellis counties. Wikipedia
Area: 12.09 sq miles (31.32 km²)
Joe Pool Lake is a beautiful 7,400 acre lake in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. This lake is located in the cities Grand Prarie, Cedar Hill and Mansfield, Texas. Joe Pool Lake is great for fishing, skiing, relaxing, and recrational boating. There are several nice beaches, campgrounds, parks, hiking and biking trails, kayaking trails and other outdoor activities.
Once the lake opened in 1989, Joe Pool quickly become a favorite destination for residents of the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex. Today the lake and the amenities found along its shores allow visitors to enjoy a wide variety of outdoor recreational pursuits. Whether you prefer to go bird watching or fishing, jet skiing or barbecuing, or like to spend time in your boat or your camper you can find everything you need to have a great time at Joe Pool Lake.
There are two wonderful campgrounds on Joe Pool Lake. Both are open year round and have plenty of camping and RV spaces.
– Loyd Park Campgrounds have over 200 campsites that come with water and 30 amp electric hookups.
– Cedar Hill State Park Campgrounds offers over 350 heavily treed and shaded campsites.
There are four main boat ramps located on Joe Pool Lake. They are within the four parks that are currently open on the lake.
– Cedar Hill State Park Boat Ramps
– Lynn Creek Park Boat Ramps
– Loyd Park Boat Ramp
– Britton Park Boat Ramp
There are two marinas on Joe Pool Lake:
– Lynn Creek Marina is a very nice marina with both wet and dry boat storage.
– Joe Pool Marina is within the very large and very nice Cedar Hill State Park. This marina has a great marina store and plenty of on the water storage.