Klyde Warren Park
#6 of 100 things to do in Dallas
Klyde Warren Park is a 5.2-acre public park that was constructed in downtown Dallas, Texas, USA. Utility construction began in January 2009 with a ground-making ceremony held on September 14, 2009. The park opened October 27-28, 2012. Wikipedia
Construction started: 2009
Address: 2012 Woodall Rodgers Fwy, Dallas, TX 75201
Hours: 6:30 am–11:00 pm daily
Phone: (214) 716-4500
– The activities held in Klyde Warren Park are free and open to the public.
– Dogs can be off-leash in My Best Friend’s Park where they will enjoy jumping fountain and playing with others. Of course we do ask that you clean up after your pets.
– We will have restrooms in the gated children’s park for families with children. When the restaurant opens in 2013, we will have additional public restrooms for all park users.
– We have big plans for a Thomas Phifer-designed restaurant Relish & Savor set to open in late summer 2013. When open, we will have both a restaurant and a take-out café. In the meantime, we’ll have a selection of food and beverage options for you. We have several food trucks: our permanent vendor Relish Burger and several rotating trucks in the park from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. every day.
– There is free WiFi in the park! Connect to the Klyde Warren Park – WiFiAA network to log in.
– Klyde Warren Park is operated through a public-private partnership. The City of Dallas owns the amenities and the land it is built upon while the Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation will be responsible for raising the estimated $3 million annual operating budget each year and will manage all programming, operations and maintenance.
– There are 21 curbside parking spaces along the eastbound and westbound frontage roads of Woodall Rodgers Freeway. There are also many additional parking lots in and around the park and Arts District for a small fee.
– The walk is approximately half a mile around the perimeter of the park.
– You can enjoy some of the best museums, performances and restaurants within walking distance of Klyde Warren Park.
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/KlydeWarrenParkDallas